US winter storm death toll at 12; no flight delays
Concord: The death toll from a powerful winter storm that pushed through the US midsection into the Northeast has risen to 12.
Officials in Indiana say a man and a woman were killed when the scooter they were riding went out of control on a snowy street yesterday and they were hit by a pickup truck.
Other deaths include a man checking on a disabled vehicle who was struck and killed in Pennsylvania and two people killed in crashes in Virginia.
The storm was dumping snow on parts of the Northeast a day after it caused more than 1,600 flight cancellations and frustrated holiday travelers.
Despite the weather, no flights were delayed this morning in cities like New York, Philadelphia and Boston. The coast was seeing mostly cold rain, not snow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing