US winter storm death toll at 12; no flight delays
Concord: The death toll from a powerful winter storm that pushed through the US midsection into the Northeast has risen to 12.
Officials in Indiana say a man and a woman were killed when the scooter they were riding went out of control on a snowy street yesterday and they were hit by a pickup truck.
Other deaths include a man checking on a disabled vehicle who was struck and killed in Pennsylvania and two people killed in crashes in Virginia.
The storm was dumping snow on parts of the Northeast a day after it caused more than 1,600 flight cancellations and frustrated holiday travelers.
Despite the weather, no flights were delayed this morning in cities like New York, Philadelphia and Boston. The coast was seeing mostly cold rain, not snow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details