US winter storm death toll at 12; no flight delays
Concord: The death toll from a powerful winter storm that pushed through the US midsection into the Northeast has risen to 12.
Officials in Indiana say a man and a woman were killed when the scooter they were riding went out of control on a snowy street yesterday and they were hit by a pickup truck.
Other deaths include a man checking on a disabled vehicle who was struck and killed in Pennsylvania and two people killed in crashes in Virginia.
The storm was dumping snow on parts of the Northeast a day after it caused more than 1,600 flight cancellations and frustrated holiday travelers.
Despite the weather, no flights were delayed this morning in cities like New York, Philadelphia and Boston. The coast was seeing mostly cold rain, not snow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai