US winter storm death toll at 12; no flight delays
Concord: The death toll from a powerful winter storm that pushed through the US midsection into the Northeast has risen to 12.
Officials in Indiana say a man and a woman were killed when the scooter they were riding went out of control on a snowy street yesterday and they were hit by a pickup truck.
Other deaths include a man checking on a disabled vehicle who was struck and killed in Pennsylvania and two people killed in crashes in Virginia.
The storm was dumping snow on parts of the Northeast a day after it caused more than 1,600 flight cancellations and frustrated holiday travelers.
Despite the weather, no flights were delayed this morning in cities like New York, Philadelphia and Boston. The coast was seeing mostly cold rain, not snow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'