US witnessed 100 murders since Sandy Hook massacre
Washington: As many as 100 killings have taken place across the United States after the horrifying Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre which left 28 people, including 20 children dead.
The Huffington Post tracked gun-related homicides and accidents throughout the US, logging more than 100 from Google and Nexis searches.
This is by no means a definitive tally, the paper stated.
The night after the Sandy Hook massacre, a gunman shot at 4-year-old Aydan Perea, who had just gotten into his father`s car, in the head, in Kansas City`s east side.
In the week following the Sandy Hook massacre, a body was found inside a vacant house, at a car wash, in a bodega.
They were the 67th murder in their city and the 88th and the 124th.
The one common thing about all the murders was that all victims died from gunshots- to the head and chest.
On Saturday afternoon, a 3-year-old in Oklahoma died after accidentally shooting himself in the head with a gun he found inside his uncle`s house. His uncle is an Oklahoma state trooper.
Paul Sampleton Jr., 14, was bound and shot in his Gwinnett County, Ga., townhome on Wednesday afternoon. His father found him in the kitchen. Police suspect a robbery motive.
A 20-year-old man shot and killed Veronica Soto, a young mother of two, in an apparent road rage incident on Thursday.
In Georgetown, Ohio, a 71-year-old man was arrested on Sunday after shooting his adult son John Louderback in the chest.
The sheriff`s office said the man called 911 and confessed. Ramona Foreman, 48, was found shot in the doorway of the Oakland, California. She had been the innocent victim of a drive-by shooting.
On Sunday in New Orleans, three people were shot and killed, including 18-year-old Lawrence Burt, 56-year-old Vivian Snyder, and a 56-year-old Jefferson Parish taxi driver Joseph Wilfred, who was shot behind the wheel.
That same afternoon, 25-year-old Krystal Garcia Nacoa was allegedly shot to death by her husband, Leonardo Nacoa, 26, at their Porterville, Calif., home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users