US woman stabs roommate for playing Eagles songs
New York: A drunk US woman allegedly stabbed her roommate multiple times with a 14-inch serrated bread knife after he refused to stop playing music by The Eagles.
Vernett Bader, 54, from South Carolina faces domestic violence charges, police said.
Bader was at her North Charleston home on Monday while her 64-year-old roommate watched TV and listened to a loop of classic rock tunes by the "Hotel California" Grammy winner.
Another man, who was with the couple told police the victim had several cuts on his arms and hands and all of them were caused by Bader, ABC affiliate WCIV-TV reported.
The victim said he had been listening to The Eagles when Bader told him that she did not want to hear the classic rock band`s songs.
The man apparently did not entertain her wish. Bader responded by allegedly getting a 14-inch serrated bread knife and swung it at the man repeatedly.
The victim wrestled the knife away from her, but she came back with another knife before he could run and lock himself in the washroom.
The victim said he and Bader used to date, but while the relationship had ended they still lived together.
According to Bader, the victim was choking her which led her to stab him.
However, police did not find any strangulation marks on Bader and the third person corroborated the victim`s story.
All the three people were intoxicated at the time of the assault.
Bader has been arrested and taken to a detention center.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic can still achieve more in football, Eden Hazard on the Swede's Euro 2016 exit
- Xiaomi launches Qicycle, a foldable electric smart bike
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army