US won`t accept Russia`s `delaying tactic` to get Syria to hand over chemical weapons: Kerry
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry has said Washington is least interested or convinced about Russia`s plan to give Syria a chance to hand over chemical weapons to the IAEA.
Kerry told a panel of the House of Representatives Armed Services Committee here, that Washington is waiting for a real and verifiable proposal from Russia, and will not accept Moscow`s delaying tactic on the issue.
According to News24, Kerry further said President Barack Obama will assess Russia`s plan to evacuate chemical weapons from Syria.
Earlier, Russia laid out a plan to avert a US strike on Syria by securing a deal to destroy its chemical weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?