US won`t accept Russia`s `delaying tactic` to get Syria to hand over chemical weapons: Kerry
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry has said Washington is least interested or convinced about Russia`s plan to give Syria a chance to hand over chemical weapons to the IAEA.
Kerry told a panel of the House of Representatives Armed Services Committee here, that Washington is waiting for a real and verifiable proposal from Russia, and will not accept Moscow`s delaying tactic on the issue.
According to News24, Kerry further said President Barack Obama will assess Russia`s plan to evacuate chemical weapons from Syria.
Earlier, Russia laid out a plan to avert a US strike on Syria by securing a deal to destroy its chemical weapons.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?