US won’t debrief Rodman after meeting with Kim Jong Un
Washington: The US State Department has said that it has no plans to debrief retired US basketball player Dennis Rodman for any personal intel on North Korea`s bad boy Kim Jong Un.
Rodman is the only American to have hugged, drank and laughed with Kim Jong Un, who says he is targeting the US with his nuclear arsenal.
No other American as far as anyone can tell has met with Kim since he assumed command of North Korea following his father`s death in 2011.
Since then, Kim has defied the world by pressing ahead with a nuclear arms and missile program which Kim says is aimed at the US.
According to ABC News, despite his access to Kim, however, Rodman will not be debriefed by American diplomats, the State Department spokesman, Patrick Ventrell, said.
But he added that as with any American who travels to North Korea and wants to talk to State, "We`ll take their call."
According to the report, Rodman has left Pyongyang after stunning the diplomatic world with his basketball diplomacy.
After watching an exhibition game with a laughing Kim, dining and drinking with him, even hugging the regime strongman, Rodman had lavish praise for Kim and his father and grandfather who have turned North Korean into a family affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster