‘US won`t react to Arafat poisoning rumours’
Hanoi (Vietnam): US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says the US will wait for the results of any new investigation into Yasser Arafat`s death and won`t be responding to rumours.
Speaking in Vietnam, Clinton said she was looking forward to visiting Israel next week as part of a two-week foreign tour.
She told reporters today she would discuss a broad range of issues with Israeli leaders, including Middle East peace efforts.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has approved digging up Arafat`s remains and wants an international probe of his predecessor`s mysterious 2004 death. A Swiss lab says it detected elevated traces of a lethal radioactive agent on clothing said to be Arafat`s, and some Palestinians are pointing to this as evidence that he was poisoned.
Clinton says speculation won`t help the process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof