`US working with China on North Korea`
Washington: The United States is working with China to help North Koreans to understand the importance of denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula, a State Department official has said.
"We agree with China on the goal to denuclearise North Korea. We`re working closely with China to ensure that North Korea understands that they need to choose the path of denuclearisation, or instead to face increased isolation," State Department spokesman, Patrick Ventrell, told reporters at his daily news conference on Wednesday.
"We have put in place a robust sanctions program to target and impede North Korea`s WMD (weapons of mass destruction) and ballistic missile programs. We welcome steps by the international community, including China, to fully implement these sanctions," Ventrell said in response to a question.
Welcoming recent Chinese steps on North Korea, the US official said the country has a "very special" influence on Pyongyang.
"We continue to urge them to use that influence to help get North Korea to make better decisions," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory