`US working with China on North Korea`
Washington: The United States is working with China to help North Koreans to understand the importance of denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula, a State Department official has said.
"We agree with China on the goal to denuclearise North Korea. We`re working closely with China to ensure that North Korea understands that they need to choose the path of denuclearisation, or instead to face increased isolation," State Department spokesman, Patrick Ventrell, told reporters at his daily news conference on Wednesday.
"We have put in place a robust sanctions program to target and impede North Korea`s WMD (weapons of mass destruction) and ballistic missile programs. We welcome steps by the international community, including China, to fully implement these sanctions," Ventrell said in response to a question.
Welcoming recent Chinese steps on North Korea, the US official said the country has a "very special" influence on Pyongyang.
"We continue to urge them to use that influence to help get North Korea to make better decisions," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days