`US working with China on North Korea`
Washington: The United States is working with China to help North Koreans to understand the importance of denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula, a State Department official has said.
"We agree with China on the goal to denuclearise North Korea. We`re working closely with China to ensure that North Korea understands that they need to choose the path of denuclearisation, or instead to face increased isolation," State Department spokesman, Patrick Ventrell, told reporters at his daily news conference on Wednesday.
"We have put in place a robust sanctions program to target and impede North Korea`s WMD (weapons of mass destruction) and ballistic missile programs. We welcome steps by the international community, including China, to fully implement these sanctions," Ventrell said in response to a question.
Welcoming recent Chinese steps on North Korea, the US official said the country has a "very special" influence on Pyongyang.
"We continue to urge them to use that influence to help get North Korea to make better decisions," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic
- Loyalty declaration on stamp paper a symbol of slavery: BJP
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'