US World War II tank displayed in Czech zoo
Moscow: A Sherman tank that was used by the US Army in liberating the Czech city of Plzen in 1945 has been placed in the city zoo as part of the annual Liberation Festival, the CTK news agency reported.
The tank gun is symbolically pointed at an underground shelter where the German anti-aircraft command was based during the war.
The shelter is now a part of the zoo, which wants to open an exhibition on World War II, zoo director Jiri Travnicek said.
The tank was brought from a US military base in Vilseck, Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list