US World War II tank displayed in Czech zoo
Moscow: A Sherman tank that was used by the US Army in liberating the Czech city of Plzen in 1945 has been placed in the city zoo as part of the annual Liberation Festival, the CTK news agency reported.
The tank gun is symbolically pointed at an underground shelter where the German anti-aircraft command was based during the war.
The shelter is now a part of the zoo, which wants to open an exhibition on World War II, zoo director Jiri Travnicek said.
The tank was brought from a US military base in Vilseck, Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what