US World War II tank displayed in Czech zoo
Moscow: A Sherman tank that was used by the US Army in liberating the Czech city of Plzen in 1945 has been placed in the city zoo as part of the annual Liberation Festival, the CTK news agency reported.
The tank gun is symbolically pointed at an underground shelter where the German anti-aircraft command was based during the war.
The shelter is now a part of the zoo, which wants to open an exhibition on World War II, zoo director Jiri Travnicek said.
The tank was brought from a US military base in Vilseck, Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!