US World War II tank displayed in Czech zoo
Moscow: A Sherman tank that was used by the US Army in liberating the Czech city of Plzen in 1945 has been placed in the city zoo as part of the annual Liberation Festival, the CTK news agency reported.
The tank gun is symbolically pointed at an underground shelter where the German anti-aircraft command was based during the war.
The shelter is now a part of the zoo, which wants to open an exhibition on World War II, zoo director Jiri Travnicek said.
The tank was brought from a US military base in Vilseck, Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar