US World War II tank displayed in Czech zoo
Moscow: A Sherman tank that was used by the US Army in liberating the Czech city of Plzen in 1945 has been placed in the city zoo as part of the annual Liberation Festival, the CTK news agency reported.
The tank gun is symbolically pointed at an underground shelter where the German anti-aircraft command was based during the war.
The shelter is now a part of the zoo, which wants to open an exhibition on World War II, zoo director Jiri Travnicek said.
The tank was brought from a US military base in Vilseck, Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress