Use dialogue to resolve Senkaku row: China to Japan
Beijing: China has requested Japan to refrain from any action that might violate the former`s territorial sovereignty and suggested using dialogue and negotiation to resolve the ongoing dispute over the Diaoyu Islands.
"The Japanese side should maintain Sino-Japanese relations through concrete action," Xinhua quoted Foreign Ministry spokesperson Qin Gang as saying on Friday while reacting on the recent illegal detainment and release of 14 Chinese nationals by Japan.
The 14 Chinese arrived at the Diaoyu Islands via a Hong Kong fishing vessel on Wednesday to assert China`s sovereignty over the islands and were subsequently detained by the Japanese Coast Guard.
Qin said Japan`s detainment of Chinese citizens near the Diaoyu Islands shows a serious violation of China`s territorial sovereignty.
The Chinese government strongly condemns and opposes the dangerous actions, such as converging attack, taken by the Japanese ships to obstruct Chinese vessel, Qin said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city