Uttarakhand govt to build shelter homes
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna has issued orders to build shelters homes for people living in the open in severe cold across the state.
The Chief Minister, who late last night took a spin around the city to see the conditions of the homeless, issued directives in this regard.
Moved by the plight of people shivering in the cold in open spaces, Bahuguna distributed blankets to them and asked District Magistrate BVRC Purushottam to construct shelter homes for them and pitch makeshift tents at suitable places in the city for their temporary residence.
He issued similar orders for all other districts and asked officials to ensure that none of the homeless people live in the open.
Asking the officials to pitch makeshift tents for the homeless at the earliest, he asked them to set up bonfires in every area in the city.
Bahuguna also urged NGOs to come to the rescue of homeless people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh