Uzbekistan man pleads not guilty to Obama threats
Birmingham: An Uzbekistan national accused of threatening to kill US President Barack Obama and illegally possessing an M15 machine gun has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Birmingham News reports that 21-year-old Ulugbek Kodirov entered the plea through his attorney, Lance Bell, during a brief arraignment hearing before US Magistrate Judge Harwell Davis in Birmingham, Alabama.
A federal grand jury indicted Kodirov on the charges last month.
US Attorney Joyce White Vance said that Kodirov repeatedly threatened to kill the President.
Court records say he was arrested on July 13 at a motel near Birmingham after prosecutors say he obtained the machine gun from an undercover agent.
Bell said after the hearing that he`s waiting for the federal government to declassify evidence in the case so he can review it.
- Google Chrome overtakes Internet Explorer to be crowned top web browser
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu