Uzbekistan, US sign agreement on military cooperation
Tashkent: Uzbekistan and the US have inked an agreement to strengthen military cooperation between both the nations.
According to local media, the agreement was signed on
August 18 during Commander of the US Central Command David
Petraeus` visit to the Central Asian republic.
The agreement envisages education exchanges and
training, the report said.
Uzbek President Islam Karimov noted when he received
Petraeus that Tashkent attached great importance to further
development of relations with the US and was ready to broaden
constructive bilateral and multilateral cooperation on the
basis of principles of mutual respect and equal partnership.
Petraeus said that the Obama administration was
interested in development of cooperation with Uzbekistan in
He also noted Uzbekistan`s important contribution to
the consolidation of stability in Afghanistan and the ensuing
of regional security, the Presidential Press Service said.
After the visit by Petraeus to Tashkent in February
this year, transportation of US military cargoes was started
across Uzbekistan`s territory to Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof