Vatican blames media for latest scandal
Vatican City: The Vatican is blaming the media for fuelling the latest scandal over leaked Vatican documents and is insisting that there are no power struggles or problems of unity in the Holy See`s governance.
Secretary of State Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone said in an interview today with an Italian Catholic weekly that journalists reporting on the leaks scandal are "pretending to be Dan Brown ... Inventing stories and replaying legends."
The Vatican has been on the defensive ever since sensitive documents alleging corruption and exposing power struggles began leaking out in the Italian media in January. A recent book containing dozens of documents from Pope Benedict XVI`s own desk has compounded what many see as a plot to undermine Bertone.
Bertone said he enjoys "an extraordinary climate of communion" with his collaborators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Tinder rolls out its new feature in India
- Transgenders to soon be categorised as 'third gender', can change gender after sex-change surgery
- 'Don't abandon search', MH370 families plead
- Watch this beautiful video of Grand Canyon of Tuolumne River from space!
- India link emerges in $3.5-billion forex trading fraud at HSBC