Vatican blames media for latest scandal
Vatican City: The Vatican is blaming the media for fuelling the latest scandal over leaked Vatican documents and is insisting that there are no power struggles or problems of unity in the Holy See`s governance.
Secretary of State Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone said in an interview today with an Italian Catholic weekly that journalists reporting on the leaks scandal are "pretending to be Dan Brown ... Inventing stories and replaying legends."
The Vatican has been on the defensive ever since sensitive documents alleging corruption and exposing power struggles began leaking out in the Italian media in January. A recent book containing dozens of documents from Pope Benedict XVI`s own desk has compounded what many see as a plot to undermine Bertone.
Bertone said he enjoys "an extraordinary climate of communion" with his collaborators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16