Vatican blames media for latest scandal
Vatican City: The Vatican is blaming the media for fuelling the latest scandal over leaked Vatican documents and is insisting that there are no power struggles or problems of unity in the Holy See`s governance.
Secretary of State Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone said in an interview today with an Italian Catholic weekly that journalists reporting on the leaks scandal are "pretending to be Dan Brown ... Inventing stories and replaying legends."
The Vatican has been on the defensive ever since sensitive documents alleging corruption and exposing power struggles began leaking out in the Italian media in January. A recent book containing dozens of documents from Pope Benedict XVI`s own desk has compounded what many see as a plot to undermine Bertone.
Bertone said he enjoys "an extraordinary climate of communion" with his collaborators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what