Vatican blames media for latest scandal
Vatican City: The Vatican is blaming the media for fuelling the latest scandal over leaked Vatican documents and is insisting that there are no power struggles or problems of unity in the Holy See`s governance.
Secretary of State Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone said in an interview today with an Italian Catholic weekly that journalists reporting on the leaks scandal are "pretending to be Dan Brown ... Inventing stories and replaying legends."
The Vatican has been on the defensive ever since sensitive documents alleging corruption and exposing power struggles began leaking out in the Italian media in January. A recent book containing dozens of documents from Pope Benedict XVI`s own desk has compounded what many see as a plot to undermine Bertone.
Bertone said he enjoys "an extraordinary climate of communion" with his collaborators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA