Vatican blames media for latest scandal
Vatican City: The Vatican is blaming the media for fuelling the latest scandal over leaked Vatican documents and is insisting that there are no power struggles or problems of unity in the Holy See`s governance.
Secretary of State Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone said in an interview today with an Italian Catholic weekly that journalists reporting on the leaks scandal are "pretending to be Dan Brown ... Inventing stories and replaying legends."
The Vatican has been on the defensive ever since sensitive documents alleging corruption and exposing power struggles began leaking out in the Italian media in January. A recent book containing dozens of documents from Pope Benedict XVI`s own desk has compounded what many see as a plot to undermine Bertone.
Bertone said he enjoys "an extraordinary climate of communion" with his collaborators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning