Vatican denies internal split on US nun crackdown
Vatican City: The Vatican is denying there are any internal divisions over its crackdown on the largest umbrella group of US nuns.
The head of the Vatican`s office for religious orders, Cardinal Joao Braz de Aviz, was quoted over the weekend as saying his office wasn`t consulted or even advised by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith about its decision to overhaul the Leadership Conference of Women Religious, which represents 80 per cent of American sisters.
Today, the Vatican said Braz`s words were misinterpreted, and that he and the prefect of the doctrine office "have collaborated throughout the process."
It said the two men met Monday and reaffirmed their commitment to renewing religious life in the US as well as to the Vatican`s reform plan for the Leadership Conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi