Vatican denies internal split on US nun crackdown
Vatican City: The Vatican is denying there are any internal divisions over its crackdown on the largest umbrella group of US nuns.
The head of the Vatican`s office for religious orders, Cardinal Joao Braz de Aviz, was quoted over the weekend as saying his office wasn`t consulted or even advised by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith about its decision to overhaul the Leadership Conference of Women Religious, which represents 80 per cent of American sisters.
Today, the Vatican said Braz`s words were misinterpreted, and that he and the prefect of the doctrine office "have collaborated throughout the process."
It said the two men met Monday and reaffirmed their commitment to renewing religious life in the US as well as to the Vatican`s reform plan for the Leadership Conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9: How 'injured' Ashish Nehra is helping SunRisers Hyderabad bowlers!
- CBSE class 10th results 2016 declared; with 96.36% pass percentage, girls outshine boys
- Pakistan fails to seal F-16 fighter jets deal with US, says report
- Sensational: New Zealand teenager Glenn Phillips hits 6 sixes in an over
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside