Vatican denies internal split on US nun crackdown
Vatican City: The Vatican is denying there are any internal divisions over its crackdown on the largest umbrella group of US nuns.
The head of the Vatican`s office for religious orders, Cardinal Joao Braz de Aviz, was quoted over the weekend as saying his office wasn`t consulted or even advised by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith about its decision to overhaul the Leadership Conference of Women Religious, which represents 80 per cent of American sisters.
Today, the Vatican said Braz`s words were misinterpreted, and that he and the prefect of the doctrine office "have collaborated throughout the process."
It said the two men met Monday and reaffirmed their commitment to renewing religious life in the US as well as to the Vatican`s reform plan for the Leadership Conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?