Vatican digs in after gay marriage advances
Vatican City: The Vatican is digging in after gay marriage initiatives scored big wins this week in the US and Europe, vowing to never stop insisting that marriage can only be between a man and a woman.
In a front-page article in today`s Vatican newspaper L`Osservatore Romano, the Holy See sought to frame itself as the lone voice of courage in opposing initiatives to give same-sex couples legal recognition. In a separate Vatican Radio editorial, the Vatican spokesman asked sarcastically why gay marriage proponents don`t now push for legal recognition for polygamous couples as well.
The Vatican media blitz came after three US states approved same-sex marriage by popular vote, Spain upheld its gay marriage law and France pushed ahead with legislation that could see gay marriage legalised early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August