Vatican mystery intensifies, bones found in grave
Rome: Several boxes of bones have reportedly been found inside the Rome tomb of a reputed mobster whose body was exhumed as part of an investigation into one of the Vatican`s most enduring mysteries.
Emanuela Orlandi was 15 when she disappeared in 1983 after leaving her family`s Vatican City apartment to go to a music lesson. Her father was a lay employee of the Holy See.
Today, forensic police swarmed the crypt of a Roman basilica to exhume the body of Enrico De Pedis, a member of the Magliana mob.
His one-time girlfriend has claimed that De Pedis kidnapped Orlandi, and an anonymous caller in 2005 told a call-in TV show that the answer to Orlandi`s disappearance lay in his tomb.
The Italian news agency ANSA says several boxes of bones were found alongside De Pedis` well-preserved remains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened