Vatican reprimand causing pain in church: Nuns
New York: The umbrella group for US Roman Catholic nuns says the Vatican crackdown on their organisation is based on unfounded claims and has hurt the church.
The Leadership Conference of Women Religious says they are sending their top administrators to Rome in two weeks to meet with the Vatican officials in charge of their case.
The sisters made the statement today after a three-day board meeting.
The Vatican`s orthodoxy watchdog in April accused the group of serious doctrinal problems. The Vatican said the organisation took positions that undermined Catholic teaching on the priesthood, marriage and homosexuality. The Holy See ordered a complete overhaul of the group.
An outpouring of support for nuns by Catholics and others followed. Vigils, protests and prayer services defending the sisters have been held nationwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...