Vatican reprimand causing pain in church: Nuns
New York: The umbrella group for US Roman Catholic nuns says the Vatican crackdown on their organisation is based on unfounded claims and has hurt the church.
The Leadership Conference of Women Religious says they are sending their top administrators to Rome in two weeks to meet with the Vatican officials in charge of their case.
The sisters made the statement today after a three-day board meeting.
The Vatican`s orthodoxy watchdog in April accused the group of serious doctrinal problems. The Vatican said the organisation took positions that undermined Catholic teaching on the priesthood, marriage and homosexuality. The Holy See ordered a complete overhaul of the group.
An outpouring of support for nuns by Catholics and others followed. Vigils, protests and prayer services defending the sisters have been held nationwide.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor