Vatican reprimand causing pain in church: Nuns
New York: The umbrella group for US Roman Catholic nuns says the Vatican crackdown on their organisation is based on unfounded claims and has hurt the church.
The Leadership Conference of Women Religious says they are sending their top administrators to Rome in two weeks to meet with the Vatican officials in charge of their case.
The sisters made the statement today after a three-day board meeting.
The Vatican`s orthodoxy watchdog in April accused the group of serious doctrinal problems. The Vatican said the organisation took positions that undermined Catholic teaching on the priesthood, marriage and homosexuality. The Holy See ordered a complete overhaul of the group.
An outpouring of support for nuns by Catholics and others followed. Vigils, protests and prayer services defending the sisters have been held nationwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?