Vatican reprimand causing pain in church: Nuns
New York: The umbrella group for US Roman Catholic nuns says the Vatican crackdown on their organisation is based on unfounded claims and has hurt the church.
The Leadership Conference of Women Religious says they are sending their top administrators to Rome in two weeks to meet with the Vatican officials in charge of their case.
The sisters made the statement today after a three-day board meeting.
The Vatican`s orthodoxy watchdog in April accused the group of serious doctrinal problems. The Vatican said the organisation took positions that undermined Catholic teaching on the priesthood, marriage and homosexuality. The Holy See ordered a complete overhaul of the group.
An outpouring of support for nuns by Catholics and others followed. Vigils, protests and prayer services defending the sisters have been held nationwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore