Venezuela bans alcohol for Chavez mourning period
Mexico: The Interior Ministry of Venezuela has ordered a ban on sales and consumption of alcohol across the country for the seven-day period of mourning for late President Hugo Chavez.
The ban, which will be in force until March 12, is aimed at providing normal conditions for holding a funeral ceremony for Chavez and will be monitored by law enforcers, the ministry said on Wednesday.
The ministry also introduced a temporary ban until March 12 on carrying weapons in public for those individuals, who have permission. Police, military and special service officers are the exception to the ban.
Chavez, 58, died on Tuesday following a two-year-long tough battle with cancer. His funeral will be held on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4