Venezuela bans alcohol for Chavez mourning period
Mexico: The Interior Ministry of Venezuela has ordered a ban on sales and consumption of alcohol across the country for the seven-day period of mourning for late President Hugo Chavez.
The ban, which will be in force until March 12, is aimed at providing normal conditions for holding a funeral ceremony for Chavez and will be monitored by law enforcers, the ministry said on Wednesday.
The ministry also introduced a temporary ban until March 12 on carrying weapons in public for those individuals, who have permission. Police, military and special service officers are the exception to the ban.
Chavez, 58, died on Tuesday following a two-year-long tough battle with cancer. His funeral will be held on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'