Venezuela bans alcohol for Chavez mourning period
Mexico: The Interior Ministry of Venezuela has ordered a ban on sales and consumption of alcohol across the country for the seven-day period of mourning for late President Hugo Chavez.
The ban, which will be in force until March 12, is aimed at providing normal conditions for holding a funeral ceremony for Chavez and will be monitored by law enforcers, the ministry said on Wednesday.
The ministry also introduced a temporary ban until March 12 on carrying weapons in public for those individuals, who have permission. Police, military and special service officers are the exception to the ban.
Chavez, 58, died on Tuesday following a two-year-long tough battle with cancer. His funeral will be held on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'