Venezuela bans alcohol for Chavez mourning period
Mexico: The Interior Ministry of Venezuela has ordered a ban on sales and consumption of alcohol across the country for the seven-day period of mourning for late President Hugo Chavez.
The ban, which will be in force until March 12, is aimed at providing normal conditions for holding a funeral ceremony for Chavez and will be monitored by law enforcers, the ministry said on Wednesday.
The ministry also introduced a temporary ban until March 12 on carrying weapons in public for those individuals, who have permission. Police, military and special service officers are the exception to the ban.
Chavez, 58, died on Tuesday following a two-year-long tough battle with cancer. His funeral will be held on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed