Venezuela downs Mexican aircraft
Caracas: Venezuela shot down a small Mexican-registered airplane in its southwest, the Caracas government said, without providing a reason for taking the action or information about possible casualties.
Venezuela`s information ministry said yesterday in a statement that the air force late Monday "detected and intercepted a Hawker 25 aircraft with the registration XBMGM" in the southwestern state of Apure, near the Colombian border.
The statement quoted the head of Venezuela`s strategic Mexico`s foreign ministry said it sent a diplomatic note asking Caracas to "explain the incident in strict adherence with international law."
The air force released pictures of the wrecked plane, with fire still raging in what remained of the fuselage.
Venezuela monitors its border with Colombia to combat drug trafficking. The air force has brought down 13 aircraft linked to drug smuggling this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you