Venezuela finds plane carrying Missoni`s scion
Caracas: The Venezuelan government announced on Thursday that the wreckage of a small plane that went missing in January with the oldest son of Italian fashion designer Ottavio Missoni aboard has been found.
"The missing aircraft disappeared last January 04 ... on the Los Roques - Maiquetia route," Interior Ministry spokesman Jorge Galindo said on Twitter.
Vittorio Missoni, his wife, Maurizia Castiglioni, and two other Italian nationals were on board, as well as the pilot and co-pilot, when the twin-engine aircraft went missing over Caribbean waters.
Vittorio, 58, was the oldest son of Ottavio Missoni, founder of a high-end fashion house and a luxury hotel chain bearing the family name.
Italian media described Vittorio, the fashion house`s marketing director, as the Missoni brand`s global ambassador.
The Missoni couple and their friends had been on vacation in the Los Roques archipelago starting December 28 and had been scheduled to return to Italy on the night of January 04.
The location of the aircraft came one week after Venezuelan authorities found another small plane that had disappeared on January 04, 2008, with 14 people on board, including eight Italians. That flight had gone missing when the plane was en route from Caracas to Los Roques.
Los Roques, some 200 km north of Caracas, is one of the Venezuela`s main tourist destinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof