Venezuela halts communication with US diplomat
Caracas: In the wake of President Hugo Chavez`s death, Venezuela on Thursday said it has halted communication with a top US diplomat in the country.
Foreign Minister Elias Jaua said on Wednesday that "any type of contact has been postponed" with US Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs Roberta Jacobson, who had reportedly reached out to Venezuela`s government before Chavez`s death.
Jaua specified, however, that diplomatic and consular relations would remain between the two countries.
Venezuela`s government expelled two military attaches earlier this month for allegedly talking to members of the country`s armed forces. Washington responded by ejecting two Venezuelan diplomats, who were honored by Jaua today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city