Venezuela halts communication with US diplomat
Caracas: In the wake of President Hugo Chavez`s death, Venezuela on Thursday said it has halted communication with a top US diplomat in the country.
Foreign Minister Elias Jaua said on Wednesday that "any type of contact has been postponed" with US Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs Roberta Jacobson, who had reportedly reached out to Venezuela`s government before Chavez`s death.
Jaua specified, however, that diplomatic and consular relations would remain between the two countries.
Venezuela`s government expelled two military attaches earlier this month for allegedly talking to members of the country`s armed forces. Washington responded by ejecting two Venezuelan diplomats, who were honored by Jaua today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit