Venezuela halts communication with US diplomat
Caracas: In the wake of President Hugo Chavez`s death, Venezuela on Thursday said it has halted communication with a top US diplomat in the country.
Foreign Minister Elias Jaua said on Wednesday that "any type of contact has been postponed" with US Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs Roberta Jacobson, who had reportedly reached out to Venezuela`s government before Chavez`s death.
Jaua specified, however, that diplomatic and consular relations would remain between the two countries.
Venezuela`s government expelled two military attaches earlier this month for allegedly talking to members of the country`s armed forces. Washington responded by ejecting two Venezuelan diplomats, who were honored by Jaua today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Namotel Acache Din: Booking for worlds cheapest android smartphone at Rs 99 closes today
- Indian steps addressed key concerns of US nuclear industry
- No sign of EgyptAir plane technical problems before takeoff: Sources
- Militants kill civilian in Kashmir
- Indian worker tells Australia court his pro-ISIS post was 'sarcastic'