Venezuela: Hugo Chavez to launch re-election bid
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez will officially register his candidacy in upcoming Presidential Elections to secure a third six-year term to continue his socialist reforms, according to his campaign manager.
Speaking at a press conference, Chavez`s campaign chief Jorge Rodriguez said the head of state would personally make his candidacy official on Monday, June 11, the deadline set by the national electoral board (CNE), Xinhua reported.
Monday will mark a rare public appearance for Chavez, 57, who is recovering from five rounds of radiation therapy to treat cancer. He has also undergone surgery three times to remove tumours.
The only other candidate in the race, Capriles was nominated in February to represent a coalition of opposition groups, following primary elections, the first ever held in Venezuela, in which over three million voters participated.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!
- Sangeeta Bijlani not miffed with 'Azhar', says Emraan Hashmi
- No sugar shortage: 31 million MT sugar to be available during 2016-17
- Vegan? Here's how you can get all key nutrients!
- India performing well as compared to other nations: UN expert