Venezuela says no to new US military bases
Havana: Venezuela rejects the
presence of seven new US military bases in South America
masked by the anti-drug drive, said Venezuelan Ambassador to
Havana, Ronald Blanco.
Blanco said they threaten integration and cooperation
among our peoples, stability and peace, create distress and
generate tensions. He reminded that programs like Plan
Colombia led to increasing kidnappings and homicide rates.
Venezuela respects self-determination of peoples and
decisions assumed by peoples, but when they affect their own
self-determination and that of the South American community,
he explained, it is important to reject such interventionist
"We ratify our efforts to maintain and build a stable
and harmonic relationship with Colombia, we do not agree with
the United States strategy that aims to divide and separate
us," he said.
It is necessary to lay out cooperation agreements of the
Bolivarian Alliance of the Peoples of our America (ALBA) and
in UNASUR (South American Union of Nations) as well as all
those that help to improve health, education and development
possibilities in culture and sports, he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security