Venezuela to have ‘ministry of happiness’: President
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Caracas: It may sound bizarre to many, but Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro on Saturday announced to create Deputy Ministry of Supreme Social Happiness in the country.
The ministry, which will aim to boost initiatives to eradicate poverty, social inequality and disability, is expected to be created six weeks before municipal elections.
Almost a year ago, funds were set aside for happiness ministry by the late president Hugo Chavez.
The President said that the in-charge of the ministry would coordinate with all programmes initiated to bring down poverty.
Inflation in the country has reached almost 50 per cent and there is an acute shortage of basic amenities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video