Venezuela to have ‘ministry of happiness’: President
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Caracas: It may sound bizarre to many, but Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro on Saturday announced to create Deputy Ministry of Supreme Social Happiness in the country.
The ministry, which will aim to boost initiatives to eradicate poverty, social inequality and disability, is expected to be created six weeks before municipal elections.
Almost a year ago, funds were set aside for happiness ministry by the late president Hugo Chavez.
The President said that the in-charge of the ministry would coordinate with all programmes initiated to bring down poverty.
Inflation in the country has reached almost 50 per cent and there is an acute shortage of basic amenities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case