Venezuela to have ‘ministry of happiness’: President
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Caracas: It may sound bizarre to many, but Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro on Saturday announced to create Deputy Ministry of Supreme Social Happiness in the country.
The ministry, which will aim to boost initiatives to eradicate poverty, social inequality and disability, is expected to be created six weeks before municipal elections.
Almost a year ago, funds were set aside for happiness ministry by the late president Hugo Chavez.
The President said that the in-charge of the ministry would coordinate with all programmes initiated to bring down poverty.
Inflation in the country has reached almost 50 per cent and there is an acute shortage of basic amenities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding