Venezuela: `Women are my weakness`
Caracas: Venezuelan opposition presidential candidate Henrique Capriles said that women are his "weakness" and added he was convinced that they will be the ones who win him the presidency next month when he faces off at the ballot box against President Hugo Chavez.
The 40-year-old former governor and attorney interrupted his speech during a rally on Saturday in Tocuyito, a city in the central state of Carabobo, to confess that he was "impressed with how beautiful the women are" in that state.
"At times, you stop here and you have some girls in front and you start to look at them and you lose your concentration," Capriles said.
The opposition candidate has been accused of being "fascist" and "bourgeois" by spokesmen for the government, who have also questioned his sexual orientation.
"How can I get married? It`s very difficult, too difficult," the opposition candidate said to the shouts of the women in the audience.
"That`s my weakness. I say it to the country right here, my weakness is women," Capriles said.
The opposition leader said he was convinced that women "are going to make (me) president", arguing that men know "that the ones who convince you are the women".
Venezuelans will go to the polls on October 07 to elect their president for 2013-19, choosing from among seven candidates, including the 58-year-old Chavez, who has been in power since 1999, and Capriles, the former governor of the country`s second-largest state, Miranda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read