Venezuela: `Women are my weakness`
Caracas: Venezuelan opposition presidential candidate Henrique Capriles said that women are his "weakness" and added he was convinced that they will be the ones who win him the presidency next month when he faces off at the ballot box against President Hugo Chavez.
The 40-year-old former governor and attorney interrupted his speech during a rally on Saturday in Tocuyito, a city in the central state of Carabobo, to confess that he was "impressed with how beautiful the women are" in that state.
"At times, you stop here and you have some girls in front and you start to look at them and you lose your concentration," Capriles said.
The opposition candidate has been accused of being "fascist" and "bourgeois" by spokesmen for the government, who have also questioned his sexual orientation.
"How can I get married? It`s very difficult, too difficult," the opposition candidate said to the shouts of the women in the audience.
"That`s my weakness. I say it to the country right here, my weakness is women," Capriles said.
The opposition leader said he was convinced that women "are going to make (me) president", arguing that men know "that the ones who convince you are the women".
Venezuelans will go to the polls on October 07 to elect their president for 2013-19, choosing from among seven candidates, including the 58-year-old Chavez, who has been in power since 1999, and Capriles, the former governor of the country`s second-largest state, Miranda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- SHOCKING: Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil, abductors demand $36.5 m as ransom
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha
- Mercedes-AMG SLC43 launched in India at Rs 77.5 lakh
- Two attackers 'neutralized', one hostage killed in France church attack