Venezuelan embassy in Kenya linked to drugs
Nairobi: A witness testifying in Kenya in the trial of a former diplomat charged with the murder of the acting Venezuelan ambassador says the embassy`s diplomatic bag was used to traffic drugs.
Prosecution witness Kevin Lameck, who worked as a driver at the embassy in Nairobi, was answering questions yesterday from the defense lawyer in the trial of former Venezuelan first secretary Dwight Sagaray. Sagaray is accused of murdering acting Ambassador Olga Fonseca.
Lameck said the drugs came in during the tenure of Fonseca`s predecessor and Sagaray was never allowed to touch the bag.
Fonseca was found strangled in the embassy`s official residence on July 27, 2012. She had reported to Kenya only 12 days earlier.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district