Venezuelan inmates hold 700 jail visitors hostage
Mexico City: Inmates of Venezuela`s jail held hostage over 680 people visiting their relatives in the Los Teques prison, the Globovision channel reported Sunday.The inmates said the hostages would not leave the building until their demands, which were not immediately known, were met.
The prisoners said the incident was meant to show support for the inmates of Yare-1 and Yare-2 prisons, where about 1,000 people, mostly women and children, refused to leave the building in protest against alleged abuses and delays in sentencing of their jailed relatives.
A total of 487 people died in Venezuelan jails in January-October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok