Venezuelan inmates hold 700 jail visitors hostage
Mexico City: Inmates of Venezuela`s jail held hostage over 680 people visiting their relatives in the Los Teques prison, the Globovision channel reported Sunday.The inmates said the hostages would not leave the building until their demands, which were not immediately known, were met.
The prisoners said the incident was meant to show support for the inmates of Yare-1 and Yare-2 prisons, where about 1,000 people, mostly women and children, refused to leave the building in protest against alleged abuses and delays in sentencing of their jailed relatives.
A total of 487 people died in Venezuelan jails in January-October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why