Venezuelan Prez has just one year to live
Madrid: Cancer-stricken Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has between nine and 12 months to live, his doctors said.
Doctors have prescribed him a high dose of pain-killers, which account for his recent flurry of political activity, Spanish daily ABC reported.
On Jan 13, Chavez spoke for 11 hours in the country`s National Assembly.
According to media reports, Chavez has told doctors he will no longer subject himself to more aggressive treatments that would take him away from his public duties.
Medical sources close to Chavez have said he will be lucky to survive until the presidential elections in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion