Venezuelan Prez has just one year to live
Madrid: Cancer-stricken Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has between nine and 12 months to live, his doctors said.
Doctors have prescribed him a high dose of pain-killers, which account for his recent flurry of political activity, Spanish daily ABC reported.
On Jan 13, Chavez spoke for 11 hours in the country`s National Assembly.
According to media reports, Chavez has told doctors he will no longer subject himself to more aggressive treatments that would take him away from his public duties.
Medical sources close to Chavez have said he will be lucky to survive until the presidential elections in October.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'