Venezuelan who bet Chavez would lose kills seven
Caracas: A Venezuelan businessman who bet that opposition candidate Henrique Capriles would win the presidential election here killed the two people who won the bet and then used his vehicle to run down five people who were celebrating Hugo Chavez`s win, police said Tuesday.
Juan Losada, police chief of the town of San Francisco in the northwestern state of Zulia, told EFE that the killings commenced immediately after the results of Sunday`s presidential election were announced.
Abigal Villasmil, 29, is being sought by police after allegedly shooting and killing Nelson Oviedo, 21, and Alexander Anez, 23, with whom he reportedly had bet a large amount of money that Capriles would win the election, Losada said.
Immediately after the news that Chavez had won was released, and so that he would not have to make good on the bet, Villasmil allegedly shot Oviedo and Anez, with whom he was watching television in a home in San Francisco.
After killing the pair, he fled but just a few blocks from the murder scene Villasmil drove his car into a crowd of people celebrating Chavez`s triumph "killing four immediately and another who died later in a hospital", the police chief said.
"We have found the vehicle, but not Villasmil, who remains a fugitive," said Losada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor