Venezuelans protest against US sanctions
Caracas: Thousands of Venezuelans on Wednesday gathered in oil facilities of Caracas and other cities to stage protest against the US economic sanctions against state-run oil company Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA), Xinhua reported.
President Hugo Chavez saluted the protests by writing in his Twitter account: "Congratulations to the workers of PDVSA! From my trench receive a solidary greet and my encouraging word for everybody. Venezuela is respected!"
Meanwhile, Venezuela`s Energy Minister Rafael Ramirez, during an event to protest against these sanctions in Anzoategui state, said that as a sovereign country, Venezuela is the one who decides who are its friends and not the US.
"Here we have a brave President, committed with the interest of the people," Ramirez added.
Edmundo Kabachi, an expert on international affairs, said that the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) must take a strong position as an answer to the US sanctions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3