Venezuelans protest against US sanctions
Caracas: Thousands of Venezuelans on Wednesday gathered in oil facilities of Caracas and other cities to stage protest against the US economic sanctions against state-run oil company Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA), Xinhua reported.
President Hugo Chavez saluted the protests by writing in his Twitter account: "Congratulations to the workers of PDVSA! From my trench receive a solidary greet and my encouraging word for everybody. Venezuela is respected!"
Meanwhile, Venezuela`s Energy Minister Rafael Ramirez, during an event to protest against these sanctions in Anzoategui state, said that as a sovereign country, Venezuela is the one who decides who are its friends and not the US.
"Here we have a brave President, committed with the interest of the people," Ramirez added.
Edmundo Kabachi, an expert on international affairs, said that the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) must take a strong position as an answer to the US sanctions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
- Child swept away in water, parts of Malda face flood fury
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as a desi superhero is adorable enough to emerge as children's favourite
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's