Venezuelans protest against US sanctions
Caracas: Thousands of Venezuelans on Wednesday gathered in oil facilities of Caracas and other cities to stage protest against the US economic sanctions against state-run oil company Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA), Xinhua reported.
President Hugo Chavez saluted the protests by writing in his Twitter account: "Congratulations to the workers of PDVSA! From my trench receive a solidary greet and my encouraging word for everybody. Venezuela is respected!"
Meanwhile, Venezuela`s Energy Minister Rafael Ramirez, during an event to protest against these sanctions in Anzoategui state, said that as a sovereign country, Venezuela is the one who decides who are its friends and not the US.
"Here we have a brave President, committed with the interest of the people," Ramirez added.
Edmundo Kabachi, an expert on international affairs, said that the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) must take a strong position as an answer to the US sanctions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...