Victim asks court to jail Pakistani rapist for life
London: A 59-year-old Pakistani-origin cab driver in Britain, who was the ringleader of an Asian sex gang that preyed on white schoolgirls, should be jailed for life, a girl raped by the man told a court.
Shabir Ahmed, a father of four, has already been sentenced by the Liverpool Crown Court to jail for 19 years. He was found guilty of raping a minor Asian girl 30 times in 10 years, The Sun reported.
The other nine Muslim gang members, who preyed on girls as young as 13, were jailed last month for a total of 77 years.
Ahmed was not identified at that time fearing that jury would be swayed when he was hauled into the dock.
"I`m just glad people can know who he is and what he`s done. He`s just such an evil man. I know what he`s done to me - it`s obvious now from this second trial that he`s been doing this for years and ruined a lot of lives," the girl raped by Ahmed told the court.
"If anybody deserves to spend the rest of their lives in prison, it`s him. I`m just relieved it`s over - it`s some justice," she said.
Ahmed plied the girl with vodka before raping her in Heywood, Greater Manchester.
He was convicted by a Manchester court of raping another girl 30 times, and will be sentenced Aug 2.
It has now been revealed that during that trial, the leader of the gang from Rochdale put a curse on the Manchester Crown Court and everyone in it.
He told the jury: "We were all innocent. No Pakistani went knocking on doors saying, `Have you got any young girls? Can we have sex with them?`"
When the judge warned him, Ahmed, a former Oldham council worker, said there was "nothing I or my fellow convicted people have to fear".
He told the two policemen flanking him, "I hope you rot in hell like me".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday