Victim of Pemex explosion dies, death toll at 38
Mexico City: Mexico`s federal Health Department says another person injured by last week`s explosion at the headquarters of the country`s state-owned oil company has died, raising the death toll to 38.
A statement issued yesterday says 19 people remain hospitalized, two of them in critical condition. The January 31 blast at one of the buildings at the Petroleos Mexicanos complex in Mexico City also injured 120 people.
Executives at Pemex have said a water-heating system may have leaked methane gas into a tunnel beneath the headquarters for more than seven months.
They say the blast could have been set off by a maintenance crew`s improvised lighting system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars