Victim of Pemex explosion dies, death toll at 38
Mexico City: Mexico`s federal Health Department says another person injured by last week`s explosion at the headquarters of the country`s state-owned oil company has died, raising the death toll to 38.
A statement issued yesterday says 19 people remain hospitalized, two of them in critical condition. The January 31 blast at one of the buildings at the Petroleos Mexicanos complex in Mexico City also injured 120 people.
Executives at Pemex have said a water-heating system may have leaked methane gas into a tunnel beneath the headquarters for more than seven months.
They say the blast could have been set off by a maintenance crew`s improvised lighting system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH