Victim`s family `satisfied` with Knox conviction
Perugia: The family of a slain British woman say they are pleased with the murder conviction of American student Amanda Knox but there is no sense of celebration.
Meredith Kercher`s relatives are making their first comments since a jury in Perugia, Italy, announced early Saturday that they had convicted Knox and sentenced her to 26 years in prison for the 2007 murder. The court also convicted Knox`s former Italian boyfriend.
Kercher`s brother, Lyle, said that while the family was satisfied with the verdict, "it`s not a time for celebration" nor is it a "moment of triumph”.
His 21-year-old sister was Knox`s roommate while they studied in Perugia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials