‘Victorian Fritzl’ jailed for 22 years for fathering kids with daughter
Melbourne: A Victoria man, who fathered four children with his daughter and abused her for more than 30 years, has been sentenced to 22 years in prison.
The abuse started when the girl was 13 and continued into her adult years, the Victorian County Court has heard.
During sentencing, Judge Susan Pullen said the 66-year-old man`s offending was in the worst category, reports News.com.au.
"You defiled your daughter over many years on a regular basis," she said.
"Your offending involved a gross breach of trust. To describe your treatment of your daughter as appalling is a gross understatement,” she added.
The man pleaded guilty to two counts of indecently assaulting a girl under 16, 10 counts of incest and one of common assault. He was sentenced to 22 years and five months, and must serve a minimum of 18 years before being eligible for parole.
The case maybe likened to that of Josef Fritzl, the 73-year-old Austrian who was sentenced to life imprisonment for raping and imprisoning his daughter for 24 years and fathering seven children with her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof