‘Victorian Fritzl’ jailed for 22 years for fathering kids with daughter
Melbourne: A Victoria man, who fathered four children with his daughter and abused her for more than 30 years, has been sentenced to 22 years in prison.
The abuse started when the girl was 13 and continued into her adult years, the Victorian County Court has heard.
During sentencing, Judge Susan Pullen said the 66-year-old man`s offending was in the worst category, reports News.com.au.
"You defiled your daughter over many years on a regular basis," she said.
"Your offending involved a gross breach of trust. To describe your treatment of your daughter as appalling is a gross understatement,” she added.
The man pleaded guilty to two counts of indecently assaulting a girl under 16, 10 counts of incest and one of common assault. He was sentenced to 22 years and five months, and must serve a minimum of 18 years before being eligible for parole.
The case maybe likened to that of Josef Fritzl, the 73-year-old Austrian who was sentenced to life imprisonment for raping and imprisoning his daughter for 24 years and fathering seven children with her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan