Video claims Nigeria sect holds 7 French hostages
1. Lagos: A video apparently showing seven French hostages kidnapped from northern Cameroon has been posted online, with a man claiming that a radical Islamic group from Nigeria holds them.
The video, posted on Monday to YouTube, shows two men, a woman and four children flanked by two armed men wearing camouflage uniforms. Another speaks in Arabic in front and says that Boko Haram has taken them hostage over the French military intervention in northern Mali.
The unidentified man says Boko Haram wants its members freed in exchange for the hostages. He also threatens the governments of Cameroon and Nigeria.
The vacationing French family was kidnapped in northern Cameroon last week. Cameroonian and Nigerian soldiers are searching for them in the arid, rural border region the two countries share in West Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?