Video claims Nigeria sect holds 7 French hostages
1. Lagos: A video apparently showing seven French hostages kidnapped from northern Cameroon has been posted online, with a man claiming that a radical Islamic group from Nigeria holds them.
The video, posted on Monday to YouTube, shows two men, a woman and four children flanked by two armed men wearing camouflage uniforms. Another speaks in Arabic in front and says that Boko Haram has taken them hostage over the French military intervention in northern Mali.
The unidentified man says Boko Haram wants its members freed in exchange for the hostages. He also threatens the governments of Cameroon and Nigeria.
The vacationing French family was kidnapped in northern Cameroon last week. Cameroonian and Nigerian soldiers are searching for them in the arid, rural border region the two countries share in West Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days