Video leak: Rudd seeks probe against Gillard
Sydney: Former Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd has asked police to investigate allegations that a bizarre video leaked during the leadership contest was posted anonymously by the Gillard camp.
According to the Daily Telegraph, senior Labor sources believe that police are moving closer to solve the mystery of the leaked video, confirming Rudd is co-operating with the investigation.
But Rudd has not disclosed whether he triggered the Australian Federal Police (AFP) probe himself with a formal complaint to police on the security breach in the Prime Minister`s office.
"Consistent with Mr Rudd`s past practice, he does not comment in any respect on Australian Federal Police investigations," a spokesman said.
The expletive-laden video was recorded in the Prime Minister`s office when he was Labor leader and then leaked at the height of leadership speculation this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof