Video showing beheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians by ISIS was doctored?
Washington: The gruesome video released by the Islamic State that showed beheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians near Libyan beach has been claimed as 'faked' by experts, reports stated on Saturday.
According to Daily Mail, the experts believe that though the men were killed by the ISIS militants, doubts are being raised over whether some scenes were manipulated.
The experts have raised doubts over militants featuring in the video to be 7ft tall and also on whether the men were all murdered on the beach and whether they were all killed at the same time.
The FoxNews quoted Editorial Director of the Florida-based Terrorism Research & Analysis Consortium, Veryan Khan as saying, “The Islamic State’s manipulation of their high-production videos has become commonplace. The murders likely took place in a studio, and the background image shown was likely from another location, the Bay in Sirte, a part of the Mediterranean Sea on the northern coast of Libya. There are several technical mistakes in the video that show it was manipulated.”
Backing Veryan Khan's point of view, Hollywood horror film director Mary Lambert also told FoxNews that “The shot that seems really tampered with is the one with the really tall Jihadists and the dwarf Christians. Also the close-ups of Jihadists on the beach are most likely green screen.”
Other experts also opine that the sound of the ocean is likely a well-known audio track. Moreover, the blood stream of blood shown at the end of the video and during the execution of the last victim is also not real one.
The Egyptian Coptic Christians workers were kidnapped in Libya by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria in late December and early January. In the video they are shown wearing orange jumpsuits while their executioners are in black.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!