Vietnam, Britain hold strategic dialogue
Hanoi: Vietnam and Britain on Thursday held their strategic dialogue here, focusing on cooperation in defence, and tackling organised crime and terrorism.
Vietnamese Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Nguyen Thanh Son and his British counterpart Jeremy Browne led the discussions for the two sides, Xinhua reported.
Both sides reaffirmed their commitment to fight terrorism and organised crimes such as human trafficking, cyber crime and money laundering.
The dialogue was part of the 2012 Strategic Partnership Agreement and Action Plan between the two nations.
Britain is Vietnam`s leading trade partner in Europe, with two-way trade reaching USD 3 billion in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hard to digest! 90-year-old woman comes back to life at funeral, says she met 'Yamraj'
- Panasonic launches T44 lite smartphone at Rs 3,199
- Gold prices slumps by Rs 100 to 30,800 per ten grams
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details
- HC upholds summoning of Vijay Mallya in cheque-bounce cases