Vietnam, Britain hold strategic dialogue
Hanoi: Vietnam and Britain on Thursday held their strategic dialogue here, focusing on cooperation in defence, and tackling organised crime and terrorism.
Vietnamese Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Nguyen Thanh Son and his British counterpart Jeremy Browne led the discussions for the two sides, Xinhua reported.
Both sides reaffirmed their commitment to fight terrorism and organised crimes such as human trafficking, cyber crime and money laundering.
The dialogue was part of the 2012 Strategic Partnership Agreement and Action Plan between the two nations.
Britain is Vietnam`s leading trade partner in Europe, with two-way trade reaching USD 3 billion in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt