Vietnam, Britain hold strategic dialogue
Hanoi: Vietnam and Britain on Thursday held their strategic dialogue here, focusing on cooperation in defence, and tackling organised crime and terrorism.
Vietnamese Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Nguyen Thanh Son and his British counterpart Jeremy Browne led the discussions for the two sides, Xinhua reported.
Both sides reaffirmed their commitment to fight terrorism and organised crimes such as human trafficking, cyber crime and money laundering.
The dialogue was part of the 2012 Strategic Partnership Agreement and Action Plan between the two nations.
Britain is Vietnam`s leading trade partner in Europe, with two-way trade reaching USD 3 billion in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj