Vietnam jails 8 teenagers over gang rape, robbery
Hanoi: A court in Vietnam`s capital has sentenced eight teenagers to up to 30 years in jail for luring women into hotel rooms and then gang raping and robbing them.
The state-run Tuoi Tre newspaper says in Saturday`s report that the ring leader, a 15-year-old girl, was sentenced to 12 years in prison, while her 19-year-old boyfriend was given 30 years behind bars at the end of a two-day trial on Friday in Hanoi.
Six other boys were given from four years to 30 years in prison on the same charges.
The gang members were convicted of raping three females in separate incidents over five days last July after using the Internet to lure them into hotel rooms. They were also charged with stealing a motorbike, mobile phones and money from the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman