Vietnam jails 8 teenagers over gang rape, robbery
Hanoi: A court in Vietnam`s capital has sentenced eight teenagers to up to 30 years in jail for luring women into hotel rooms and then gang raping and robbing them.
The state-run Tuoi Tre newspaper says in Saturday`s report that the ring leader, a 15-year-old girl, was sentenced to 12 years in prison, while her 19-year-old boyfriend was given 30 years behind bars at the end of a two-day trial on Friday in Hanoi.
Six other boys were given from four years to 30 years in prison on the same charges.
The gang members were convicted of raping three females in separate incidents over five days last July after using the Internet to lure them into hotel rooms. They were also charged with stealing a motorbike, mobile phones and money from the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars