Vietnam jails 8 teenagers over gang rape, robbery
Hanoi: A court in Vietnam`s capital has sentenced eight teenagers to up to 30 years in jail for luring women into hotel rooms and then gang raping and robbing them.
The state-run Tuoi Tre newspaper says in Saturday`s report that the ring leader, a 15-year-old girl, was sentenced to 12 years in prison, while her 19-year-old boyfriend was given 30 years behind bars at the end of a two-day trial on Friday in Hanoi.
Six other boys were given from four years to 30 years in prison on the same charges.
The gang members were convicted of raping three females in separate incidents over five days last July after using the Internet to lure them into hotel rooms. They were also charged with stealing a motorbike, mobile phones and money from the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city