Vietnam jails 8 teenagers over gang rape, robbery
Hanoi: A court in Vietnam`s capital has sentenced eight teenagers to up to 30 years in jail for luring women into hotel rooms and then gang raping and robbing them.
The state-run Tuoi Tre newspaper says in Saturday`s report that the ring leader, a 15-year-old girl, was sentenced to 12 years in prison, while her 19-year-old boyfriend was given 30 years behind bars at the end of a two-day trial on Friday in Hanoi.
Six other boys were given from four years to 30 years in prison on the same charges.
The gang members were convicted of raping three females in separate incidents over five days last July after using the Internet to lure them into hotel rooms. They were also charged with stealing a motorbike, mobile phones and money from the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?