Vietnam releases two Nigerians isolated for Ebola tests
Hanoi: Vietnam has released two Nigerians isolated after arriving from west Africa with fevers, saying they show no symptoms of the deadly Ebola virus.
Ebola test results for the pair are not yet known but the health ministry said their condition had improved.
"After 24 hours of monitoring, the two patients were without fever, showing no abnormal signs or symptoms related to Ebola," it said in a statement released late Wednesday.
The two men will be put under "community surveillance" for three weeks from the date they left the affected area, the ministry said.
Airline passengers sitting next to the pair -- who travelled to Vietnam on Monday from Nigeria via Qatar -- have also been advised to monitor their health conditions.
Vietnam has introduced mandatory temperature checks at its two major international airports in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in a bid to prevent passengers bringing the deadly virus into the country.
According to the World Health Organisation, the latest official toll from Ebola has jumped 106 in two days to 1,350 dead, with the bulk of cases in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone.
In Myanmar a local man is still undergoing tests after arriving from Guinea with a fever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan