Vietnam successfully test-flies drones
Hanoi: Vietnam on Sunday successfully conducted test flights of six indigenously-made unmanned aerial vehicles, a media report said.
The "made-in-Vietnam" drones flew over the Central Highlands Lam Dong province, Xinhua reported citing the Van Hoa The Thao (Culture and Sports) newspaper.
After three days of tests - May 17-19 - in Da Lat city and Lac Duong district of Lam Dong, six vehicles made by the Vietnam Space Technology Institute, under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST), successfully made 37 flights.
The unmanned aircraft, carrying cameras, spectrometers and other devices, took off from the Cam Ly military airport.
They recorded over 300 high-resolution images about the current conditions of forest resources and water surface in Lam Dong.
The aircraft flew automatically without a ground control system.
The aircraft were equipped with several devices that would help in natural resource management and forest coverage calculation, state-run Vietnam News Agency quoted Chau Van Minh, director of the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead