Vietnam to evacuate nearly 300,000 as storm nears
Hanoi: Vietnam is evacuating nearly 300,000 people from northern coastal areas as Tropical Storm Nock-ten approaches after leaving a path of destruction in the Philippines.
Disaster official Nguyen Xuan Hung of central Nghe An province says provincial authorities have begun evacuating 13,500 people from coastal villages, while more than 30,000 are being moved in neighboring Thanh Hoa province.
Weather forecasters say the storm is expected to hit northern Vietnam on Saturday evening packed with sustained winds of up to 63 miles (102 kilometers) per hour.
Nock-ten left 41 people dead and 26 missing when it hit the Philippines earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics