Vietnam to evacuate nearly 300,000 as storm nears
Hanoi: Vietnam is evacuating nearly 300,000 people from northern coastal areas as Tropical Storm Nock-ten approaches after leaving a path of destruction in the Philippines.
Disaster official Nguyen Xuan Hung of central Nghe An province says provincial authorities have begun evacuating 13,500 people from coastal villages, while more than 30,000 are being moved in neighboring Thanh Hoa province.
Weather forecasters say the storm is expected to hit northern Vietnam on Saturday evening packed with sustained winds of up to 63 miles (102 kilometers) per hour.
Nock-ten left 41 people dead and 26 missing when it hit the Philippines earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015