Vietnam to evacuate nearly 300,000 as storm nears
Hanoi: Vietnam is evacuating nearly 300,000 people from northern coastal areas as Tropical Storm Nock-ten approaches after leaving a path of destruction in the Philippines.
Disaster official Nguyen Xuan Hung of central Nghe An province says provincial authorities have begun evacuating 13,500 people from coastal villages, while more than 30,000 are being moved in neighboring Thanh Hoa province.
Weather forecasters say the storm is expected to hit northern Vietnam on Saturday evening packed with sustained winds of up to 63 miles (102 kilometers) per hour.
Nock-ten left 41 people dead and 26 missing when it hit the Philippines earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Philippines police chief says 300 officers involved in drugs
- Nissan may introduce electric sports car by 2020
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'