Vietnamese airliner hosts mid-air bikini pageant
London: Air passengers expect a meal and maybe an old movie in flight, but travellers on a Vietnamese plane got the surprise of their lives when bikini-clad women posed for a mid-air beauty pageant.
The women in Hawaiian bikinis marched through the cabin on the inaugural VietJetAir (VJA) flight from Ho Chi Minh City to the coastal holiday destination of Nha Trang, the Daily Mail reported.
The women performed a three minute hip-shaking dance, and male passengers reached for their phones to record the scantily-clad beauties, who were all contestants from a local beauty contest, Miss Ngoi Sao.
However, the airline has now been fined by the Vietnam Aviation Authority after a video showing the pageant was posted on YouTube.
A VietjetAir official said it was the first flight to a beach town. "So we came up with the idea of getting a number of girls in bikinis to dance and make passengers happy to improve our customer service."
VietJetAir was the first privately-owned airline to be established in Vietnam. It was granted approval to operate in November 2007. It officially launched in December 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today