Vietnamese soldier dismissed over tortured monkeys
Hanoi: State media in Vietnam say a soldier has been dismissed from the military after photos of him torturing two monkeys posted on Facebook outraged the public.
The Labourer newspaper says 20-year-old private Nguyen Van
Quang was dismissed from his unit in central Gia Lai province and two other soldiers were given a warning.
The three bought the monkeys from villagers for USD 57 before torturing them and hiring villagers to slaughter them. A photo shows a monkey having a cigarette pressed into its mouth.
Many readers expressed anger in comments in print and online newspapers after the images were posted on Quang`s Facebook wall last month.
The newspaper said today that the military has arrested a villager and issued warrants against two others for illegal hunting.
Quang`s army unit didn`t comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people