Vietnamese soldier dismissed over tortured monkeys
Hanoi: State media in Vietnam say a soldier has been dismissed from the military after photos of him torturing two monkeys posted on Facebook outraged the public.
The Labourer newspaper says 20-year-old private Nguyen Van
Quang was dismissed from his unit in central Gia Lai province and two other soldiers were given a warning.
The three bought the monkeys from villagers for USD 57 before torturing them and hiring villagers to slaughter them. A photo shows a monkey having a cigarette pressed into its mouth.
Many readers expressed anger in comments in print and online newspapers after the images were posted on Quang`s Facebook wall last month.
The newspaper said today that the military has arrested a villager and issued warrants against two others for illegal hunting.
Quang`s army unit didn`t comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened