Vietnamese soldier dismissed over tortured monkeys
Hanoi: State media in Vietnam say a soldier has been dismissed from the military after photos of him torturing two monkeys posted on Facebook outraged the public.
The Labourer newspaper says 20-year-old private Nguyen Van
Quang was dismissed from his unit in central Gia Lai province and two other soldiers were given a warning.
The three bought the monkeys from villagers for USD 57 before torturing them and hiring villagers to slaughter them. A photo shows a monkey having a cigarette pressed into its mouth.
Many readers expressed anger in comments in print and online newspapers after the images were posted on Quang`s Facebook wall last month.
The newspaper said today that the military has arrested a villager and issued warrants against two others for illegal hunting.
Quang`s army unit didn`t comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt