Vijay Goel embarks on yatra around Delhi villages
New Delhi: Delhi Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Vijay Goel embarked on his `Gaon-gaon Sampark` yatra around the villages of Delhi with a focus on understanding the problems being faced by the residents of the rural areas.
Goel assured them of addressing the issues of transport, electricity, drinking water and sewage plaguing the villagers.
"Solving the problems of villages and people living in those areas will be the priority of the BJP when it comes to power. The water and power supply problems will be sorted out.
"The BJP will formulate a detailed plan for the all round development of the villages of Delhi at par with the rest of the city," Goel said.
Goel also promised to settle the Lal Dora regularisation issue. "The extended Lal Dora will be declared as Lal Dora area. All the business and residential establishments in the villages will be regularised," he said.
He announced abolition of trade licences in the South, East and North Municipal Corporation areas. Instead of trade licenses, the traders will have to fill up a Trader Information Form supported by an affidavit once in five years.
Goel visited Bapraula, Bakkarwala, Kotla, Ranhaula, Burela and Hastsal villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery