Vijay Goel embarks on yatra around Delhi villages
New Delhi: Delhi Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Vijay Goel embarked on his `Gaon-gaon Sampark` yatra around the villages of Delhi with a focus on understanding the problems being faced by the residents of the rural areas.
Goel assured them of addressing the issues of transport, electricity, drinking water and sewage plaguing the villagers.
"Solving the problems of villages and people living in those areas will be the priority of the BJP when it comes to power. The water and power supply problems will be sorted out.
"The BJP will formulate a detailed plan for the all round development of the villages of Delhi at par with the rest of the city," Goel said.
Goel also promised to settle the Lal Dora regularisation issue. "The extended Lal Dora will be declared as Lal Dora area. All the business and residential establishments in the villages will be regularised," he said.
He announced abolition of trade licences in the South, East and North Municipal Corporation areas. Instead of trade licenses, the traders will have to fill up a Trader Information Form supported by an affidavit once in five years.
Goel visited Bapraula, Bakkarwala, Kotla, Ranhaula, Burela and Hastsal villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!