Violent nationalists will be punished: Kremlin
Moscow: Russia`s President Dmitry Medvedev says the government will track down soccer fans and nationalists who rampaged and clashed with riot police just outside the Kremlin walls.
Medvedev wrote on Twitter late yesterday that the authorities will punish all those who were involved in the weekend`s violence.
About 5,000 soccer fans and nationalists gathered on a square just outside the Kremlin and clashed with riot police, leaving more than 30 people injured.
The clash raised fresh doubts about the authorities` ability to control increasingly violent nationalism.
The gathering was to protest the killing of a member of the Spartak team`s fan organisation, who was shot with rubber bullets in a fight at a bus stop. Those suspected of killing him are from Russia`s North Caucasus region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users