Visiting Taj Mahal, meeting Queen on average adult`s wishlist
London: Seeing the Taj Mahal, meeting the Queen and swimming with dolphins are among a checklist of 50 things compiled by researchers that an average person wants to do before he dies.
Sadly researchers have also found that most adults will only ever fulfill five of their lifelong ambitions.
Many feel they do not have enough time to tick off the experiences, while others admit to not being fit or adventurous enough or being too afraid of getting hurt.
Becoming a millionaire, travelling the world, seeing the Northern Lights, trekking the Great Wall of China and being mortgage free are the top five respectively on the checklist of dreams, the Daily Mail reported.
Visiting the Taj Mahal is also on the wishlist compiled by the researchers.
Among the other less surprising entries are writing a novel, learning to speak another language, visiting the Egyptian pyramids and running a marathon.
But ambitions that might fairly be considered less universal also feature travelling around New Zealand in a Winnebago motor home, inventing something that changes people`s lives, riding a Segway scooter and going to Harry Potter World in Florida.
Other boxes to tick, range from gambling in Las Vegas, driving down Route 66 in the United States and visiting Disneyland to meeting the Queen, learning to fly a helicopter and emigrating.
The list was compiled following a study commissioned by outdoor clothing company Helly Hansen of 2,000 adults.
More than one third of people surveyed complained that they did not have enough time to achieve their ambition, while 20 per cent were worried about injuries.
More than a quarter also did not believe they were fit enough to attempt their ultimate goal and 12 per cent confessed that they had no ambitions at all.
Nearly half also realised that they have to be more adventurous to achieve their ambitions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam
- West Indies vs India 2016: Trinidad board launches probe after farcical washout
- Act of revenge! Gurgaon woman kidnapped, gang-raped for complaining against harassers
- John Kerry tells South Sudan leaders to stick to peace deal or face sanctions
- Will Syria gas attacks probe nail the Assad regime?