Vladimir Putin admits love for Tchaikovsky to rubbish homophobic reports
New York: Russian President Vladimir Putin has hit back at reports claiming that he is homophobic, saying that he works with gay people.
In an interview with Russia`s state Channel 1 television, Putin discussed a wide range of issues, including disputes over the Syrian civil war, his relations with President Barack Obama, National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden and the rights of gays in Russia, the New York Post reported.
He said that he has given many awards to gays, including state prizes or decorations for their achievements in various fields.
He asserted that he has absolutely normal relations with them.
He also referred to Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, who was a homosexual, saying that people don`t love him because of his sexuality, but because he was a great musician.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'