`Vladimir Putin will win Russia presidential vote`
Moscow: Vladimir Putin will win about two thirds of the vote in Russia`s Presidential Election, avoiding a humiliating second round run-off in his bid to extend his rule by another six years, the last major poll before the vote showed on Friday.
Prime Minister Putin hopes to convincingly win the March 04 election to take the sting out of a growing urban protest movement which casts him as an authoritarian leader who rules through a corrupt and tightly controlled political system.
The survey from Levada Center, Russia`s biggest independent pollster, showed Putin will win 63-66 percent of the vote on March 04, far ahead of his closest rival.
Winning the election will give Putin, who has ruled Russia as president and prime minister since rising to power in late 1999, a six-year term as Kremlin chief.
In 2000, Putin won 53 percent of the vote and in 2004 he won 71 percent of the vote, according to official results. His protégé, Dmitry Medvedev, won 70 percent of the vote in 2008 when Putin was barred from running by constitutional limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested