Wall collapse in China: 12 killed, 7 injured
Beijing: Twelve construction workers were killed and seven others injured when their makeshift house was damaged by a collapsed wall in China`s northern Shanxi province, officials said today.
The accident took place last evening at a construction site of a coal cleaning plant of Dacheng Liyuan Coalification Co., Ltd. In Pingshu Village, Shouyang County, local officials of Jinzhong City said.
An initial investigation indicated that the wall was toppled as a result of rainstorms, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Rescue work has ended by this morning.
A further investigation into the cause for the accident is under way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3